Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Get To Go To Costco Tonight!

For me going to Costco is a highlight of my day. I think it's just how I was raised. I have told many people when they ask me why I get so excited about going to a wharehouse to shop in bulk when only 3 people live in my household, in my family it was like a rite of passage... When you turned old enough to get a membership, you went and did so immediately as close to your actual birthday as possible, much like most people do with a driver's license. I'm not sure which I was more excited about as an adolescent, but I know it was a close call between the two. At Costco there are samples and samples are free and at Costco they are always yummy... Also, the hot dogs, pizza, soda, and ice cream you can get at the food court are a notch above the rest, which combined with their incredibly low price makes them even tastier! Call me a cheapskate, but my economics teacher in high school, Mr. Wright (who was indeed always right), had us read a book called "The Millionaire Next Door" in which we learned that a lot of rich people get rich and stay rich by being cheap. Hence, Costco will make me a millionaire someday. See why I love it? Also, there are many things we need that you can buy there and not have to go back and get more of for a long, long time - like toilet paper! And if that doesn't pump you up, then I guess you'll never quite understand why I love Costco as much as I do...

1 comment:

Psalm 139:1-18 said...

You can also get a lot of really neat stuff you don't need and never use!!!
Because it all comes in bulk:-)... But we've never done that, just for the record. :-)

Do we get to read how your evening went? Did you get toilet paper? How about a 5lb can of tuna? What about the dozen cans of tomatoes or 12lb bag of rice??